Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Spotlight: Photographer With His Killer Weapon


I would have liked a self-portrait but this photo was too good to pass!

Meet Najeeb Aziz: Photographer with his killer weapon. When I asked him to describe himself in 5 words, Najeeb went straight to the point. He has a no nonsense approach and I thoroughly enjoyed this interview! Najeeb hails from the beautiful city of Lucknow in India known as the Golden City of the East. He's an avid photographer who enjoys nature in all it's glory. He's currently working on Pvt Project of Horses in Lucknow Race Course, I have uploaded some of the photographs but for the entire album visit him at Najeeb Photochrom


Festival of Just Colors, Holi 2012

1-When did you first realize you couldn't go a day without photography?

Initially it started out of excitement of new camera, but then got into the habit of carrying it always.

2-Have you received formal education in photography or are you self-taught?

It's defiantly on my own and if I ever wanted to gain any knowledge youtube.com had all my answers and solutions..

3-What is your favorite camera accessory?

I usually don't attach any accessories into my camera, as a matter of fact not even flash.



Holi ~ Religious Spring Festival 


4-What is it about photography that makes it so special? Is it about freezing a moment in time, about telling a story with a single image? What makes it special for you? 

For me it's both freezing moment and the story behind it...... unless we freeze the moment there wouldn't be any story to narrate....

Today, a photograph does not need to shout “I am Art.” Photography stands on it's own without reference to other arts,with its five essential qualities,first proposed by MOMA curator John Szarkowski. These elements make photography unique: The Subject, The Details, Frame, Vantage Point, Time.

5-What are some of the difficulties you have overcome as a photographer?

1 - Passion does not make a business.
2 - Who’s paying for all this?
3 - What do your customers want? …the plan

6-In our digital age, the photography market and especially the fine arts market has become super saturated with photography of all genres. What advice would you have for someone who is starting out when they face obstacles with their photography business?

Every new business owner faces challenges. Some challenges are harder than others and some are even avoidable. The key to keeping the stress at a low level and ensuring the smoothest start up possible is to know the obstacles and how to avoid them.



Horse Race in Lucknow

8-Have you worked in the dark room? If yes, do you prefer analog photography and if not, would you like to try? 

I wouldn't want to try analog photography, as it would take alot of time developing the films, negatives, last but not the least if the moment is captured, but the picture has come out not as you expected, there would be alot of disappointment held.


9-If you could have a conversation with a photographer (dead or alive) who would it be and why?

Well I usually do have conversation with most of the photographers, but my favorite is Aditya "Dicky" Singh from Ranthambore, a wildlife photographer who has achieved a lot of fame in the world of photography and a perfect role model.

Even before I had bought my camera, it was he who gave me the right advice at the right time...hence till date he has all my answers to my questions.


10-We live in a big world, with endless photography opportunities, but if you were asked to photography three things and three things only, what would they be?

Animals : they could have 60 expressions in 60 secs 
Portrait : I usually click pictures without the person knowledge to capture natural photographs
Food : I try to make people drool over my photographs (which I have succeeded)


At the Lucknow Horse Race

Some more beauties from his albums




I hope you enjoyed this interview as much as I did. Visit Najeeb at his facebook page Najeeb Photochrom  for more photos, updates and more!

3 comments: